Missing(?) 1100+ posts after upgrade - phpmyadmin/smf report 2 different totals

Started by chrishicks, November 24, 2015, 01:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrishicks

I didn't notice this right away but my forum is "missing" just over 1100 posts after upgrading from 1.1.21 to 2.0.11. My forum is reporting 96,xxx(wrong total) while phpmyadmin is showing 97,xxx(correct total) and doing the recount totals in maintenance doesn't change anything. Even the backup that the upgrade created is showing 97,xxx posts albeit with a few less since new ones have been made since the upgrade. Does anyone have an idea why this would be happening and maybe how to fix it?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chrishicks

Honestly I have no idea. I really don't know how to check if any are actually missing though. I just happened to notice the different total because I've been counting down to 100,000 total and I was just under 3000 away from it until yesterday. That's when I went over to phpmyadmin and took a look there and saw that it shows 97,xxx and counting as new posts are made. There's definitely something off somewhere though.

phpmyadmin shows 97,133 at this moment

SMF shows 96,102 at this moment

Kindred

well, debugging this would require different approaches...

if the COUNT is wrong, but no actual messages are missing then it might be any of a dozen causes...

However, if messages are actually missing from display, but are listed in the database, then it's a completely different thing
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chrishicks

Do you have any suggestions on how I should proceed to see which problem it could be between an incorrect count or actual missing posts? If it's not insanely complicated I'm willing to give it a try.

Advertisement: