News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

How to update "news"

Started by Dave987, November 24, 2015, 04:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave987

I have my forum nearly set up, but I still see a "news" section in the upper-right or the default template with "SMF - Just Installed!" showing there.  Is there a way to update this section?
Thanks!

Kindred

Are you actually running SMF 2.1 beta? (if not, then you posted in the wrong section)

Either way for all versions...
smf admin > main > news and newsletters > news

and try reading the online manual?
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:News_and_newsletters#News
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dave987

Maybe not. I'm using 2.0.11.
Ah yes, the manual.  The thing everyone really should read, and few actually do.  In my case, though, I really didn't know where it was. Otherwise, I would have searched it first.  I'm sure it's linked to in some obvious place, though....

Anyway, your directions were exactly correct. Thanks!

Kindred

:)

It's linked from the menu at the top right of your screen. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dave987

Oh, THAT manual.... it's so small and easy to miss....eh-heh....and it....ummm... blends in with the background....sorta....
:o

Advertisement: