News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: going from 1.1.21 to 2.0.11, need help

Started by dachoste, November 24, 2015, 10:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dachoste

Hi Folks,

I'm doing the same thing but getting hung up. An unknown error at 14% complete- which it gets to pretty quickly and then stalls immediately. I waited 24 hours, but it's not moving. Any suggestions?

QuoteDatabase Changes

Executing database changes

Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!

Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script)

!!Error!
Unknown Error!

Kindred

Please start your own thread rather than trying to piggy back on another thread...  Especially since you have very different issues.

Have you tried rerunning upgrade.php?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jade Elizabeth

Hey there!

Have you had a look at the upgrading instructions (Upgrading SMF) to be sure you're doing everything right?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Kindred

And do not post the same question multiple times in multiple threads...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jade Elizabeth

Let's just stick to this thread dachoste so we can work this out quicker for you :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

dachoste

I tried rerunning upgrade.php, with no luck, stuck at the same point, with the same unknown error.

I did check out the Upgrade instructions and was following it while I was doing the upgrade. The upgrade did not go accordingly.

I made a manual backup of the database prior to beginning with phpMyAdmin so if worse comes to worse I guess I can always just go back to what it was (1.1.21), although I would like to get this upgraded.

Thanks.

And thanks for the protocol remarks for this forum. Now I know.

Jade Elizabeth

Would you mind PMing me details so I can take a look and see if I can get this done for you? :)

dachoste

Jade Elizabeth

Kindred something weird is definitely going on here.

I am doing it myself and it's loading with broken images (the upgrade script) and it's hanging on step 1. It won't go past about 14% and it doesn't update the time or anything. I sat here for 23 mins and no changes to the page whatsoever. His forum is not big enough to be doing this sort of thing. Do you have any ideas? I saw one topic on it from 2013 but it didn't look like it was helpful.. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=497135.0

Kindred

We have noticed major issues when people have (somehow) deleted the default theme... Or gotten the default theme to be other than theme=1
Слaва
Украинi

Jade Elizabeth

His database says classic and /default/ are theme 1.

Also he has some errors in the error_log:
[12-Nov-2015 16:46:14 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/magickwand.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/magickwand.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Essentially lots of that....I did come across Magickwand causing issues with upgrades but now I can't find the topic. Any suggestions? I think it's partially updated his database and wont continue to run through.

Kindred

My suggestion at this point is to do install wampp and do the upgrade offline and then upload the completed database to the server
Слaва
Украинi

Jade Elizabeth

Thank you!!!

I uploaded default to classic and now it's running :D.

You rock Kindred!

Jade Elizabeth

The URLs were all messed up for the themes (telling default it was classic)...I thought I fixed them and SMF asked for FTP to CHMOD...and now the whole site is down (internal server error). I mean literally, not just the forum, but everything. I tried CHMODing to 644 for files and 755 for folders and it still wont let me in. I've had a look at support posts too and nothing. Any idea or pointers?

Kindred

Might have to check with the host at this point...  Usually, 755/644 will work...  If you get ALL of the directories and files.
Слaва
Украинi

Jade Elizabeth

Host is saying they want to restore the website to yesterday, they think it's not CHMOD or ownership issues.

Kindred

Ummm... What the heck do they think it is?

Restoring the site means that you'll have to upload the updated database again and probably trigger the same thing unless they can tell us what caused the error
Слaва
Украинi

Jade Elizabeth

Well I am hoping it's the bad URLs.

I have uploaded a clean install and redone all the permissions manually....it's not fixing it. They're even telling us it's coming from outside of SMF (Wordpress) but only we were on the site and I changed perms to 777 through SMF and he deleted some package zip files....again even if one of us or the mod we were installing did something wrong clean files and resetting perms should have fixed that. The mod was Stop Spammer too by the way.

Do you think this could help?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28393.0

Jade Elizabeth

Also we deleted theme directories from SMF to get rid of classic, etc....but I just copied default and named it classic and that didn't help either.

Jade Elizabeth

They're saying it's a memory issue now too.

Advertisement: