need some help

Started by 1mainiac, November 25, 2015, 06:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1mainiac

Ok I did that now I just get a blank page when I load the site does it take time to make the changes on the server?

1mainiac

I changed the paths and URLS with repair_settings and now the page is blank I guess I will try changing some of them back and see which one lets the site reload. no error message just a white screen when I try and visit the site.

Kindred

A blank white screen?   That indicates a server side problem...

What did you change the settings from and what did you change them to?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

1mainiac

What I did was remove the sub dir from the path and url lines.
such as old line was mscst.com/SMF/ [nofollow]  now is mscst.com [nofollow]

when I opened the repair settings file it recomended changes to most of the paths and urls I clicked on the recommended changes for each and it changed the lines for me

1mainiac

what a mess I have built but we will bring it back to life I sort of have a plan now LOL

1mainiac

It is alive what a trip and learning experience. I bet I have done  few hundred thousand file transfers and failed upgrades in the process but I know exactly what I did wrong and how to fix it. Thanks to Kindred for bumping me along in the right direction.

1mainiac

I could use some ideas to improve the forum so if any of you have time to look it over feel free to make suggestions.   mscst.com [nofollow]

Steve

Quote from: 1mainiac on November 30, 2015, 09:51:18 PM
I could use some ideas to improve the forum so if any of you have time to look it over feel free to make suggestions.   mscst.com

You could post that here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=6.0
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: