Some changes I want to make to the core theme

Started by skorpie, November 26, 2015, 09:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skorpie

So basically, this is what I have right now:
[ hxxp:i.imgur.com/dxkggnQ.jpg [nonactive] ]

And this is what I want:
[ hxxp:i.imgur.com/zEaQK6w.jpg [nonactive] ]

I've been looking around for lost threads to see if anyone else wanted the same kind of stuff done, and I found some, but they are very old and outdated.

Here's a list of everything I need help with:

• Have the header box minimized always and disallowing it from being opened
  • Remove the time and turn it into a search box (minus the magnifying glass icon)
  • Remove the forum title from above the sections (first picture, it says "Ryan's Club" in small bold text above General Discussion)
  • Remove info center entirely

I know it's a lot to ask for. I strongly appreciate anyone who helps, I want to make this a nice project!

My website is hxxp:ryans.club [nonactive]

margarett

I would first suggest you to try a different theme. Core was developed only to ease the transition from 1.1.x to 2.0.x but it's nowadays an obsolete monster :P

That being said, the only tricky part is this:
QuoteRemove the time and turn it into a search box (minus the magnifying glass icon)
This requires some code back-and-forth and I'm a bit busy now to properly look at it :(

The rest is pretty much doable. Get index.template.php (back it up first :P ) and here we go:
QuoteHave the header box minimized always and disallowing it from being opened
Find:
// The main sub template above the content.
function template_html_above()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

Add after:
$options['collapse_header'] = 1;
This will force the header to be collapsed. Now we need to totally hide the image expand image (by disabling the associated JS). Find:
bToggleEnabled: true,
Replace with:
bToggleEnabled: false,

QuoteRemove the forum title from above the sections (first picture, it says "Ryan's Club" in small bold text above General Discussion)
For this you need to tweak the menu display. It was answered before ;)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=534019.msg3795194#msg3795194

QuoteRemove info center entirely
This is actually a simple tweak. Get BoardIndex.template.php and find and remove (or comment):
template_info_center();
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: