News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

System email to an invalid user

Started by tdennis, November 27, 2015, 05:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdennis

I am getting a pile of system emails being sent to an invalid user on my domain email.

In the cpanel "Track Delivery" of email's there are numerous failures that show show the "Sender" as "System" and the "Recipient" as an email on one of my domain's, the "Result" is "No such person at this address" which is true but why/what is causing my SMF forum to be sending out these erroneous emails?

I have attached a screenshot of the Track Delivery report. 

Dennis

Kindred

Well, it would seem that that address is set somewhere in the system...   Either as user or as one of the admin addresses
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tdennis

Well, it would seem that that address is set somewhere in the system...   Either as user or as one of the admin addresses

Sorry, been gone for a few days. Yes I agree and this is what I thought. This person used to be an admin but has not been for at least 4 years. I looked everywhere I know and I can not find him as a valid email address on this forum. Its not a big deal but it just bothers me that I can not stop the useless emails from being sent out.
Dennis

Kindred

Does the user still exist?  Perhaps his account is still using that address and he has notifications turned on?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tdennis

The same person is a member but with a different user name/display name and email address. I can't see how this could be connected with him at all.
Dennis

Advertisement: