News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No link on profile

Started by jrn44, November 29, 2015, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrn44

I see that on this forum can not put link (URL) on profile, how do you do when you want to stop users to post the link on profile, does this make the admin or is it any mods?

Colin

To clarify, you want users to not be able to specify a URL in their profile?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

jrn44

Illori

are you using SMF 2.1 or SMF 2.0? the method to do that differs between versions.

jrn44

Okay, I use the latest 2.0.11

jrn44

No one who knows about users to not be able to specify a URL in their profile?

Kindred

Well, first of all, you posted in the wrong section and this had to be moved so that people could address the correct issue. Second of all you have to wait a little bit... We are all volunteers here and do not provide real time support

Finally it is done using the permission system... The extended profile information includes the permission to add or edit the website field. You can also turn off the website field completely in the advanced profile page in admin, features
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Quote from: Kindred on November 30, 2015, 05:50:09 PMSecond of all you have to wait a little bit... We are all volunteers here and do not provide real time support ...

I know people are always told to wait 24 to 48 hours so in all fairness he did wait nearly 24 hours. Not unreasonable imho. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

jrn44

Excuse me if I'm stressed to get answers, but they are so eager to get started community, I have noticed that it is not so easy to find the right section to post in, sorry.
But either way I found was to turn off the function not to give permission to the URL of the profile, Thanks for your help, you are helping as volunteers do a fantastic job. :)

Jan...

Advertisement: