News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

activation emails not being sent

Started by Nodaz, November 30, 2015, 02:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodaz

Just curious why member may or may not be being sent activation emails.
I get multiple notifications daily of new members and their activity on a forum i run.
occasionally i get an email saying "ive never received an activation email" can you check for me, i do and i manually send it, but what i almost always see, today for instance is 20+ members waiting for activation.

Is there any particular reason certain members wont or don't receive and activation email?
Thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaginawSkid

I had the same problem here on this site. I waited for the activation email and it never came. I used the "Resend Activation Email" option five or six times and still never received it.
Then I attempted to reregister and it said something like "username already in use, waiting for admin approval." I decided to register under a different username and received the activation email within seconds.

Starswirl

I've had the same problem on another site powered by SMF. I tried to register, but never received a validation e-mail; attempting to re-register gives me the message that my username and e-mail are already in use.
Unfortunately, all help options involve posting on the forum, which of course I can't, which is why I wound up registering here for help.

Any ideas?

Kindred

Starswirl -- plainly... no. We have nothing to do with other sites. We have no contact with them or control over them.
THIS site is for support of the software ---   we can not do anything from a USER point of view, the issue would need to be corrected by the admin of whatever site it was.

SaginawSkid -- that has nothing at all to do with the original poster's question.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

Please people.... if you are having issues -- please start your own threads.
Any time someone says "I am having the same issue" - almost invariably, it's NOT actually "the same" issue... it just may have similar symptoms -- and your commentary and additional questions draws attention away from the original poster
Слaва
Украинi

SaginawSkid

Quote from: Kindred on December 01, 2015, 06:40:02 AM

SaginawSkid -- that has nothing at all to do with the original poster's question.

I mentioned my registration issue here as it resembled the original poster's issue. Thought maybe it was not an isolated issue.

Nodaz

so, since this appears to not be isolated , what could be the issue.
Kindred:
No i am not hosted on godaddy.
right now i have 22 waiting to be activated
11 are registered with a gmail account
5 are yahoo
1 aol
5 other unrecognoized email extensions

Kindred

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/E-Mails_-_Why_are_members_not_getting_emails_sent_from_the_forum

this has nothing to do with the users' email addresses. It is on your configuration or your server's side.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: