News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problem with themes

Started by v10viper04, December 01, 2015, 11:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v10viper04

Hello I have a fresh install of 2.0.11 and I have a problem. The themes are not showing up after I "install' them. SMF was showing a couple errors when I installed originally so I reinstalled on PHP version 5.5 (Godaddy) and the errors went away. Basically I click on "Browse" in the install a new theme box, select the theme I want to install and click "Install!". It asks are you sure you want to install this theme and I click yes. The page reloads and shows no errors and the theme I tried to install is not showing up. Any ideas? (The Curve and core themes work correctly also) I have used SMF for a few different websites and never had this problem, I have no idea.

v10viper04

No one has any idea? 101 views and not a single person?

Kindred

You install the theme, but do you SET the theme to be used?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

v10viper04

Quote from: Kindred on December 03, 2015, 12:27:03 AM
You install the theme, but do you SET the theme to be used?

The theme is not showing up at all. I can select 2 themes, SMF default theme curve and Core theme. Those are the only 2 options I have. Even in the theme settings tab it only shows the 2 themes. It's like SMF is not actually even installing the theme...

Steve

Side note:

Quote from: v10viper04 on December 02, 2015, 11:55:20 PM
No one has any idea? 101 views and not a single person?

Keep in mind almost all of those views are bots or spiders.

Back to your question ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

Gluz

How do you install the theme? Upload a .zip file? Some subdirectory in your FTP? Click on one of the recommendations?

Any error in the PHP error log or in the froum log?

v10viper04

I upload a zip file. (The way I have always done it) Also no error logs at all.

v10viper04

Well I was able to install a theme by creating the folder and extracting the theme into that folder then using the URL install. I also noticed that when I used that method SMF gives me the message "theme installed successfully". When I try to install directly from the Zip file it just reloads the "manage and install tab" page with no messages at all from the forum. I don't understand that. I tried 5-6 themes and they all do the same things using the .Zip method.

Kindred

it actually sounds like you have an issue with your server.... possibly chown or chmod related
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

v10viper04

Quote from: Kindred on December 06, 2015, 08:50:45 AM
it actually sounds like you have an issue with your server.... possibly chown or chmod related

I'm not familiar with those things. Any advice how I would determine the issue to be one of both of those? I'm not an expert on running a website/forum. I'm limited in my knowledge.

Kindred

when you install the theme using the theme manager -- is the custom theme directory created under /Themes/?
Are all of the files and subdirectories added to that custom theme directory?

Is an entry made into your database smf_themes table
SELECT * FROM `smf_themes` WHERE `variable` IN ('name','theme_url','images_url','theme_dir')
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: