News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can't change status of mod to [PENDING]

Started by nend, December 08, 2015, 10:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nend

In the "Customization Development" board, when a modification is passed its [WIP] stage and is ready for approval, the documentation says to change the title of the post to contain [PENDING]. However this is no longer possible on SimpleMachines.org as some forum administrator has revoked the permissions for post authors to edit their post.

I can see why they did this, but by doing this the only way to get a modification to pending state from WIP is to hunt down a staff member or post a new topic for the modification.

Is there anything that can be done about this or would posting a new topic be acceptable for the same modification?

Colin

Which one do you need changed. I can make that change for you.

Regarding having this issue in the feature, I'll point the right people to this topic.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Illori

since the ability to edit posts is a global limit and not per board there is nothing we can do about this at this time. you can always report the post to a moderator and the team can modify it for you.

nend

Thanks will do that in the future.

I remember back then though it used to allow it.

Anyhow when it is approved we can just keep the mod page updated.

Shambles

Maybe  the post by Suki and  later by Gary in the "How This Works" topic could reflect the change to the editing rules?

Quote from: by Suki... until the customisation author changes the topic status to [PENDING]

Quote from: Gary... please update the first post to feature [RELEASED] or if it's removed please use [REMOVED]

Just thinking out loud...

Irisado

Updating the sticky is already under discussion to reflect the change regarding editing permissions.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Shambles

Advertisement: