News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

New Install - settings file "does not exist"

Started by Roger A, December 09, 2015, 03:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger A

The forum I am installing is hosted by Network Solutions.

It is a new install.

I have created the database. There are no options in the NS control panel for additional users or permissions
(MySQL 5.6.0)
When I run install.php I get the error "Table 'beaxxxven.smf_settings' doesn't exist.

I have previously installed another SMF on the same host with no issues.

Help would be appreciated

Sir Osis of Liver

install.php creates the tables in a new database.  Did you enter correct database credentials at beginning of the install?  Are you certain you're not using the upgrade package and running upgrade.php?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Roger A

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 09, 2015, 06:39:35 PM
install.php creates the tables in a new database.  Did you enter correct database credentials at beginning of the install?  Are you certain you're not using the upgrade package and running upgrade.php?

Yes the database credentials are correct and it passes that check.

I am certain I am running install.php

margarett

In which installation step do you get that error?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Roger A

Quote from: margarett on December 10, 2015, 02:25:55 PM
In which installation step do you get that error?
After entering the Forum Name, URL etc

margarett

Sorry for the late reply.

Database access is (AFAIR) checked in the step before where you provide the database details (eg: user, password, db name, tables prefix). If it passes that step it means that the database access is valid.
But the "Forum Name", etc, is asked immediately before anything is written to the DB so it might fail after trying to write it (although a different error should probably be generated - can't really duplicate it...).

I'm honestly out of ideas. I assume you are using SMF's installer which you pick from our downloads page? Or are you you using some kind of auto-installer provided by your host?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Roger A

Quote from: margarett on December 16, 2015, 08:28:06 PM
Sorry for the late reply.

Database access is (AFAIR) checked in the step before where you provide the database details (eg: user, password, db name, tables prefix). If it passes that step it means that the database access is valid.
But the "Forum Name", etc, is asked immediately before anything is written to the DB so it might fail after trying to write it (although a different error should probably be generated - can't really duplicate it...).

I'm honestly out of ideas. I assume you are using SMF's installer which you pick from our downloads page? Or are you you using some kind of auto-installer provided by your host?

Yes, I'm using the SMF installer.

Advertisement: