Template Parse Error

Started by shimmy, October 23, 2005, 04:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shimmy

I've search it on here, but don't know where to begin finding the error. Everyone's solution seems to be different. I remember it working quite well before I walked away for a week. The only thing that was altered in that period may have been someone trying to sign up and test it for me. Now all I get is
    Template Parse Error!
    It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.
Any clues on where to begin? Thanks people.

hxxp:tinyurl.com/7o9h8 [nonactive]

forsakenlad

This error is very unlikely to "just" happen. I would suggest you to reupload all the files for the theme you were using and also all the default theme files.
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

shimmy

Could I have changed something, then the site continue to work.. and upon new membership, it triggering something I did wrong?

forsakenlad

I couldn't exactly understand your last message, sorry for that :) Can you please be more clear?
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Kindred

Seems to work fine for me...    what page are you getting the parse error on?

In order for one of your templates to break, you (or someone) would have had to make changes to the template file. Usually this is the result of missing a closing ' or } or ; or a starting echo statement when you went to change something in the theme code...

I do see one possible problem for you...    you have modified the default theme directly in the default directory.   Bad idea.

You should always leave the default theme alone and make a copy of only the required files into another theme directory.
(usually index.template.php, BoardIndex.template.php, MessageIndex.template.php and Display.template.php will be enough to get the effect you are looking for... Sometimes not even those last 2 are required... just changing the first two and the style.css file is sometimes enough.)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: