News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Restoring a 1.1 forum

Started by janeski, December 13, 2015, 01:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janeski

Hi,
Regarding php versions compatibility..

I am actually having problems right now...because my client asked me to restore their SMF Forum 1.1 version, and the big problem i only got their files and nothing more, no access from the old host..

Is there still a possibilty to be able to restore all the files and data if i install the new version? If yes how would i do that?

I really need help...thanks in advance

Kindred

well, this is not a php compatibility issue, so, you posted in the wrong thread (split for you) Please start your own thread when you have an issue.

anyway...

to restore a  forum, you need the FILES and the DATABASE.
Without the database (mySQL backup) you have no data at all.

If you have the database backup, then you can restore that with the v1.1.x files - and once that is running properly, THEN do the upgrade to 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

janeski

thank you very much for your response... and sorry for posting on the wrong board...

janeski

Hi Kindred,
it's me again sorry to bother you, but i am new to this, i do have the backupfiles and the sql file, i tried installing v1.1.1 since my old forum was v1.1 but i still get the same error w/c is:

Some of the queries were not executed properly. This could be caused by an unsupported (development or old) version of MySQL.

Technical information about the queries:
Line #21: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 15

etc.

thanks again

Kindred

we do not officially support MariaDB -- only mySQL for 1.1.x

but why would you INSTALL anything?
You need to
a- restore the database (mySQL ONLY!)
b- restore the files
c- reconfigure Settings.php and/or use repair_settings.php to correctly configure the installation to the new location.

THEN you can upgrade.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on December 13, 2015, 05:24:18 PM
c- reconfigure Settings.php and/or use repair_settings.php to correctly configure the installation to the new location.

technically you need to do both as the upgrade script needs the themes paths [in the database] to be correct to run correctly.

Advertisement: