News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No forum graphics!

Started by jayantsr, December 15, 2015, 02:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayantsr

Hi

I have installed SMF 2.0.11 recently and having the same issue.

cresolme.com/forum/

Can you please help

Thanks in advance

Jay

Illori

please start your own topics, your issue does not have the same solution as that other topic and it is marked solved.

try What is repair_settings.php? to fix your paths.

jayantsr

Thanks Illori

let me try and revert you back

The Domain Shop

It looks like all your paths are wrong.

Have you tried the repair setting file or re-installing smf?

Kindred

Ramble...   Illori already answered with the correct solution.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

The Domain Shop

Quote from: Kindred on December 16, 2015, 03:51:31 PM

I never said Illori didn't! I was also saying to try a re-install since the forum as no posts or members.

Sorry i didn't realize other users can't add their suggestions on this site!

Illori

Quote from: Ramble Forums on December 17, 2015, 12:05:50 PM

I never said Illori didn't! I was also saying to try a re-install since the forum as no posts or members.

a reinstall will not fix the issue. the correct and only fix is the repair_settings.php script.

The Domain Shop

Quote from: Illori on December 17, 2015, 12:23:55 PM
Quote from: Ramble Forums on December 17, 2015, 12:05:50 PM

a reinstall will not fix the issue. the correct and only fix is the repair_settings.php script.

So are you saying that if the paths are broke and you completely remove SMF and do a clean install that wouldn't fix the issue? Because to me that statement is not true.

Ps i'm not trying to make an argument here, i'm asking a genuine question.

Kindred

the issue was caused by the installer proceeding to a step and not recording the correct path...

so yes -- reinstalling will NOT fix the issue because the issue happened DURING the install and will almost certainly HAVE THE SAME ISSUE if you reinstall.  Repair_settings.php is the correct way to fix this issue -- the other way would be to correct all of the paths in SMF admin manually or directly in the database -- but repair_settings.php puts all of the settings in one place.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: