News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Editing the Header up top of forum

Started by sputnikradio, October 23, 2005, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sputnikradio

Hi guys I am trying to figure out how to edit the header . The very top of my forum that little part at the very top.

I want to put in a custom graphic and change the text of my page title to say something else other then sputnikradio.com [nofollow]

I also want to add link text and a naviation menu up top and remove the DARK RED template Image from top left

Look here: http://sputnikradio.com/forum [nofollow]

I tried to edit the index template php file in dream weaver and I also tried to edit it in the template editor but I cant figure out which line of code I should alter. Also when I open up the template file in dreamwearver it only shows the code . The design view is just blank and white so i cannot figure out how to insert pics and make links and such.

Can anyone give me a pointer or two?

gerrymore

Top Tip:: Dont use WYSIWYG editors, they mess with the codes.

Do a search on "adding a banner", things like that. There are many topics with good advice on this already on the site.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: