News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Board Settings For Guests

Started by Psycho-UK, December 20, 2015, 08:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho-UK

Hi Guys,

Been endlessly searching for a mod that will allow guests to the forum see the whole category of boards but when clicking one to view all threads, access would be denied until registering, I have seen a few bits of code for the editing of the Sources/BoardIndex.php file but the codes given don't exist in the 2.0.11 version so cannot try the edits given.

Any help as normal, very much appreciated  ;)

Kindred

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=610

However, I will give you the same warning that I give everyone who asks for this.
Teasing users is a BAD idea and often has the opposite result from what you are looking for.

If I (and many others) visit a site that teases us with information and then tells us "you have to register to read this information" --- we leave the site and never come back.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Psycho-UK

Thanks Kindred and will definitely consider your advice before implementing this mod, many thanks  ;)

Advertisement: