News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Screwed After Upgrade

Started by Mariner, December 21, 2015, 11:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariner

In my hast to upgrade i upgraded my forum to latest ver (beta) and dint realise it was beta at the time.
After the upgrade i get this on my forum Unable to load the 'boardindex_outer_above' template.

Can anyone advise me what to do.

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like you're running a 2.0 theme in 2.1 - won't work.  Try it in default Curve.

Did you backup your 2.0 database before upgrading?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Mariner

I keep choosing this SMF Default Theme - Curve2  but it keeps reverting back to old theme after a while then i get error message i mentioned in my first post

I backed the forum up but it looks like 1 SQL file in a .gz file

Illori

try What is repair_settings.php?. it should let you reset the default theme to the default.

Kindred

right....   what you SHOULD do, at this point, is restore the backup database and the backed up files... if you didn't actually back up your files -- then restore the database and load a fresh set of 2.0.11 file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mariner

Its only 1 sql file that was created after the backup,is that right?

Illori

it should be one file, but all the tables should be in it. we are not mind readers so we dont know what is in the file. please DONT attach it so that we can look at it.

Kindred

so, you created a backup -- but apparently ONLY backed up the DATABASE --- (you did not back up the file part of the system)
If you used the backup option in the SMF Admin, that would explain it...   that only backed up the database (and, it should be noted, on larger sites, the backup from the admin tool is not always usable)

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

then you need to run repair_settings.php to make the install connect to the database. or edit Settings.php.

Kindred

bit, it should be noted: The intention is to restore your system to be a working 2.0.x version -- NOT the 2.1 beta
Слaва
Украинi

Mariner

Will have to leave it,cant work out how to do this.Thanks though everyone for trying to help me

Illori

it really sounds like you need to pay someone to revert you back if your host will not help. if you cant handle what we have asked you really should not be using the beta version which does have bugs and issues.

Mariner

Yes it looks like i'll need someone to fix it for me.

Advertisement: