Need help guys

Started by kapilbaduwal, December 23, 2015, 08:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kapilbaduwal

Hello everyone i am using SMF for the 1st time in my website but
In Database server setting it is just showing critical error can anyone tell me properly in what blank what should i add but my host provide Mysql DB Name,Mysql Username, MysQl Password, MySql Hostname , i need it set my forum please help me okay

Sir Osis of Liver

You can manually set database credentials in Settings.php in your forum root.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

I think he's actually asking what values to use for those settings in the installation script...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kapilbaduwal

Quote from: Kindred on December 23, 2015, 10:15:55 PM
I think he's actually asking what values to use for those settings in the installation script...
Yes you are correct

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Kindred

We can not tell you those values...   If you need help with that, I suggest checking with your host
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kapilbaduwal

what is table prefix and what shoould i add there during Database Server setting and why in database name there is SMF written can anyone help me about this clearly :D

kapilbaduwal

is there any video tutorial about this matter o.O

Irisado

SMF does not provide any official video tutorials.  You may find such material on You Tube, but please bear in mind that such videos are neither officially endorsed nor produced by the SMF Team
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

kapilbaduwal

lolz but i need to solve my Database Server setting  problem need to make my forum ready fast

Irisado

In that case, please follow the steps on the wiki page, ask your host for help with database values, and if you're still encountering difficulties once you've sorted out issues which only your host can assist with, by all means come back here and ask for further assistance :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

kapilbaduwal

Quote from: Irisado on December 24, 2015, 06:09:52 AM
In that case, please follow the steps on the wiki page, ask your host for help with database values, and if you're still encountering difficulties once you've sorted out issues which only your host can assist with, by all means come back here and ask for further assistance :).
Actually as i have told already what is table prefix i couldnot understand ........ can anyone make me 100% understand what should i add there  >:(

Illori

it should be filled in for you smf_, just leave it like that.

Irisado

kapilbaduwal: Sending me a PM asking for support assistance isn't going to help you to resolve your problem any faster.  You will receive better quality support in this topic.  In addition, when it comes to support issues, I really am the last person on the Team who you ought to ask for help ;).

kapilbaduwal

-_- its being a 1 month i couldnot proceed a step ahead from Database Server Setting :(, I think i should remove smf now :( :'(

Mstcool

Those values can only be founded on your account (if using a host). For prefix leaving it as the default is fine. I never ever changed it and my forums have always been fine.

kapilbaduwal

Quote from: Mstcool on December 25, 2015, 12:30:16 AM
Those values can only be founded on your account (if using a host). For prefix leaving it as the default is fine. I never ever changed it and my forums have always been fine.
if you dont mind pming me your facebook link so that i can talk you there i really need Live Support about this matter i cant wait more

Kindred

YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR HOST!
Слaва
Украинi

kapilbaduwal

Quote from: Kindred on December 25, 2015, 06:06:46 AM
YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR HOST!
My host is dead , i am only one :D

Advertisement: