Server Maintence Royally Screwed Up My Forum

Started by flamechica, December 26, 2015, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamechica

My server supposedly did server maintenance yesterday morning, which usually does not affect anything, but I don't know what they did, but it screwed everything up. I have thousands of pages of errors in my error log. Everything I try to do, I get a PHP error on the top of my browser page such as this:

Deprecated:  preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rsdlaugh/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php(249) : runtime-created function on line 3

I know just enough coding to follow the directions to mod my forum, so this error is a bit over my head. I have sent a ticket to Green Geeks, but still awaiting a response. Does anyone know what they could have possibly done?

Looking

They upgraded PHP, what version SMF are you using - version 1 is not compatible with the latest versions of PHP - upgrade to SMF 2?

flamechica

I am using version 1.1.20.....Seriously??? Upgrading to 2.0 is my only option? That is SO not what I wanted to hear. I have been meaning to do it, but have been dragging my feet because I have older people on my forum that are not technologically savvy AT ALL and I wanted to take the time to do some kind of tutorials to show them how to use 2.0 before I made to switch.

Looking

Or you can go to a server running a lesser version of PHP (not recommend) or ask them to put you on part of the server with a lesser version of PHP.

flamechica

Thanks for your help. Tech support switched my php version back. I guess, I need to get a move on upgrading to 2.0

Bigguy

If your server allows the running of individual php.ini files then it could have been as easy as adding one in order to get things back up and running. As far as I know anyway, but that's if the host supports it.

Advertisement: