News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ad code removal

Started by hiway, December 27, 2015, 08:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiway

our site took an ad in 3 years ago. the site the ad repped went under. my tech who placed the ad is unavail. i'm sure there's a simple diy. gpong to admin/themes/?. I looked and the code for the ad doesn't jump out any siggestions? thx

Illori

since we dont know how your tech added the code it is hard to say how to remove it. where does it show up?

hiway

It shows on every page in the banner area on top of the pages. My previous person was very reliable and worked effectively. Saldy, we've lost touch and he hasn't visited this site even for quite a while.

Looking for a U.S. based tech, English speaking, whose work can be verified. They would eeed to remove some ads, and in the future do the same with other sites I'm associated with.

qc

Open your current theme's index.template.php (/Themes/<name of your theme>/index.template.php) and search for ad-related code.
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

Arantor

I'd assume you'd need to be looking at the code of your theme's index.template.php (and potentially any others)

I'd be happy to do it if the files get posted to this forum and I can get them and post them back again - and I'm sure there's people who would be willing to vouch for me though I'm not interested in becoming a resident tech again for forums, nor am I US based.

Advertisement: