News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upload Image Mod: Example Included

Started by TrackMustangsOnline, January 01, 2016, 07:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackMustangsOnline

I'm looking for an upload image mod that looks like the one below from that other forum software provider.  I do not provide server space for images and members must use an external photo hosting site.  We know how easy it is to do this but for some reason many of my members have trouble posting photos using the IMG tags.  The Image below might make it much easier for my members to figure out.  Thanks for your help.

Illori

if you use the WYSIWYG editor you will get a popup like that. be aware that the editor can be a bit buggy

TrackMustangsOnline

Thanks.  I prefer to stay away from bugs.  Are there any other options?

br360

Take a look at this mod- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2745

I just tested it and it works as it should, but when you install it you are going to have to emulate your version in your pacakge manager to SMF 2.0 RC3

TrackMustangsOnline

Quote from: br360 on January 01, 2016, 10:46:41 PM
Take a look at this mod- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2745

I just tested it and it works as it should, but when you install it you are going to have to emulate your version in your pacakge manager to SMF 2.0 RC3
Thanks, how do I do that as this is clearly a SMF 1.0 file?

Steve

Why do you say that? The mod says it's compatible with 2.0.2. It doesn't parse for 2.0.2 but it does for the version br360 said.
DO NOT pm me for support!

TrackMustangsOnline

From br360's comment do I need to change something to make it work?  Maybe I don't understand his comment "emulate your version in your pacakge manager to SMF 2.0 RC"

Steve

In the package manager, scroll down to the bottom and click the advanced link. :)

TrackMustangsOnline

Thanks.  I'm backing up my forum now and will try this when I'm finished.

Steve

TrackMustangsOnline

I downloaded the zip file and also tried to download the manual instructions and it states it's not compatible with 2.0.11 or .10 for that matter.  I'm not a programmer and always like to proceed with caution on adding mods.  To be clear I'm going to upload this through the package manager and install from there?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TrackMustangsOnline

I just uploaded the mod and it's working as expected.  I also learned a bit more about the software today too.  Thanks for everyone's help and as usual the support for SMF is awesome!

Steve

TrackMustangsOnline

Now let's see if anyone notices and more importantly we get less questions on how to post photos on the forum.   ;D

TrackMustangsOnline

Well it looks like this mod killed my Simple Youtube Video Embedder/BBC that I'm using.  I uninstalled the mod and my video embedder is still not working.  Before I mess anything else up should I try uninstalling the embedder and then reinstalling?  Or should I delete it and upload a fresh file?  The video embedder is just as important as images.

Steve

Did you emulate before uninstalling?

And you did say you made a backup before all this so if nothing else you should be able to restore that.

TrackMustangsOnline

Quote from: Steve on January 04, 2016, 09:34:41 AM
Did you emulate before uninstalling?

And you did say you made a backup before all this so if nothing else you should be able to restore that.
Yes.  I wouldn't load otherwise.  I changed nothing else.  Now that I have uninstalled the mod the videos still won't show.  Should I uninstall and reinstall the video mod?

TrackMustangsOnline

Ok I used Simple Audio Video Embedder and everything is back to normal.  :P  The Image mod works fine with this player.

Steve

TrackMustangsOnline

Yes I'm all set.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Steve

Advertisement: