News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Database error(forum/Sources/Subs.php)

Started by Lensmeister, January 02, 2016, 05:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lensmeister

Hi all,

Can someone please advise.

Forum was ok about 8am but by 10:15am it's got this error.

Between these time the server that it is hosted on has crashed and now getting this error and I cannot log into the Admin section.

Anyone able to advise?

Thanks

Illori

what is the error message? i dont see that you have posted one for us to tell you what may need to be done.

Lensmeister

Sorry, Full error:

QuoteTable './whitbyd_smf1/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/whitbyd/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2795

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.15, while your database is at version 1.1.3. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

This is the full message. I have uploaded all the forum files via ftp (using dreamweaver) and still getting the error.

Also if I upgrade as it says, will that stop all our customised items ?

br360

Go into your phpadmin, find that smf_log_online table, and check repair table in the options.

This link has images that can help walk you through it- https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin_optimize_database.htm

Illori

Quote from: Lensmeister on January 02, 2016, 06:18:17 AM
Also if I upgrade as it says, will that stop all our customised items ?

no if you do http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching . but if you uploaded files from the large upgrade package over what you had then your files are clean. you dont tell us what files you uploaded so we dont know what state your files are in currently.

you should start planning an upgrade to SMF 2.0, as SMF 1.1 will stop being supported sooner then later and SMF 1.1 does not work with some more recent versions of php.

Lensmeister

Thanks for the advice.

Currently I can't even access my phpadmin and getting connection errors to that and the forum again.

I have replied to the hosting company but still not got a reply.

Lensmeister

Quote from: Illori on January 02, 2016, 06:39:22 AMyou dont tell us what files you uploaded so we dont know what state your files are in currently.

you should start planning an upgrade to SMF 2.0, as SMF 1.1 will stop being supported sooner then later and SMF 1.1 does not work with some more recent versions of php.

OK Thanks. I will look into how to do the upgrade to 2.0 but I don't want to loose all out custom borders etc.
http://www.whitby-town.com/forum/ [nofollow] is the link (when i get it working)

You'll see there is a bit of customisation.

Illori

if you cant get into phpmyadmin, then contact your host and they should be able to fix the error.

Lensmeister

I am in phpadmin and that is sorted.

I went to packages and d/l all of them from the site but I get this error
QuoteInstall Actions
Installations actions for "SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Any help would be great

Lensmeister

Hi all,

I have deleted all the zip type files off and then I downloaded all the upgrades and installed one by one to version 1.1.21 :)

I have backed up thru smf the database

Also backed up from the cpanel the database.

I looked at how to upgrade to version 2.0 but I am a) worried I will lose the customisation and b) I will not be able to reupload the sql file.

Anyone able to advise if there is a update from 1.1.21 to version 2 like I have just done from 1.120 to 1.1.21 ?

Thanks

Kindred

no. there is no patch between major versions.

and yes. You will "lose" all customizations when you upgrade. neither mods nor themes for 1.1.x will work on 2.0.x

This is why it is a planned process.

However, 1.1.x is at the end of its life. It is receiving no more updates and will soon not even be supported.
additionally, when your host upgrades your php version away from the outdated version they are currently using, you will HAVE to upgrade, since 1.1.x will not run on the more modern php versions.  This is why we recommend that you PLAN your upgrade NOW rather than rushing after things stop working.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Lensmeister

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2016, 08:12:39 AM
no. there is no patch between major versions.

and yes. You will "lose" all customizations when you upgrade. neither mods nor themes for 1.1.x will work on 2.0.x

This is why it is a planned process.

However, 1.1.x is at the end of its life. It is receiving no more updates and will soon not even be supported.
additionally, when your host upgrades your php version away from the outdated version they are currently using, you will HAVE to upgrade, since 1.1.x will not run on the more modern php versions.  This is why we recommend that you PLAN your upgrade NOW rather than rushing after things stop working.

That's an incentive not to upgrade tbh.

Wonder how many other forums have had this issue. Sadly I never created the forum customisations and no idea how they work :(

Kindred

and incentive not to upgrade?

And then have your forum crash when the host upgrades to a modern version of php or mySQL?   Or get hacked when a security issue is discovered and patched in 2.0.x and 2.1.x but not in 1.1.x?

Seriously, we have declared the sunset and end of life for 1.1.x for over a year now. This has given LOTS of time for admins to consider HOW to upgrade and what needs to be done (like finding a new theme)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: