News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Growing a forum

Started by brettuk, January 05, 2016, 06:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettuk

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of trying to market The SEO Forums.
It's growing, but not as quickly as I would like it too.

I have experience with SEO, however the phrase 'seo forum' will need some work, so at the moment I am not really focusing on SEO. I will just let that happen naturally.

All my threads/posts have been setup to automatically generate a suitable permalink and title, along with links to other related topics attached to the thread and buttons to share on social. Once a user creates a thread, it is already optimised and submitted to Google. So that's fine.

I just need members, I need posts, the styling of the forum is great. I have worked a lot on the styling and look.

Does anyone have any strategies to grow a forum? I am not really looking into investing money at this point in time unless it is very cheap. I have allowed 'dofollow' links in the signatures on my forum, so users posting will get links back to their site which will benefit search rankings.

Does anyone have any useful tips?

d3vcho

Well. I think using Social Media to promote your community is a very good idea. Participate in TTs on twitter or facebook. You don't need to stay all day long posting on Social Media. Just from time to time... Post things related to your website, images related to SEO, interesting posts...
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Advertisement: