News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

question about scam e-mail

Started by Silvius, January 09, 2016, 02:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvius

hello.

now, i know this is a scam e-mail. but id like to ask whats up with the adress. see below:

"[email protected] <[email protected]>
Către   ...............      Astăzi la 9:33 PM
Hello my dear,
My name is Miss Hazina Samuel, is my pleasure to contact you after viewing your profile today, I am looking for a partner and relationship if you are interested write me back thanks i will be expecting your mail,
Your friend
Hazina.
[email protected]

Silvius

im posting this here because obviously there's the simplemachines webmaster adress

Illori

you have your email address visible, which means that registered members can email you. those emails will come from "us" but will show the other persons email address. IMO it is not a scam.

if you search this forum's memberslist for that email address you end up with http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=429857

Kindred

it might be a scam... but it really has nothing to do with us  as Illori pointed out, you got the email because someone (another user on this site) sent you an email...  but it's not coming from the simplemachines team.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LiroyvH

As explained above, it's not really coming from us.
User has been banned nonetheless though, known spammer... Thank you for reporting it, might save some others from receiving them. :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Advertisement: