Original Post Always at top mod request

Started by Eurekaman, January 15, 2016, 06:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eurekaman

Hi Folks
Can anyone please help?
Im after a mod to keep my original topic post at the top of the page when anyone posts a reply as ive searched SMF and forund all are out of date and not compatible in the latest versions of SMF...
Craig

dougiefresh

Have to tried to emulate 2.0.2 while installing the First Post on Every Page mod?

Eurekaman

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Works for me...

Doesn't work is a useless phrase.  HOW does it "not work" for you?
Does it tell you that it can't find the install for your version?  If so, you need to emulate...
  Is there an error in the auto install? If so, the. The issue is that you have another mod which affected the same area of code and you may have to do some manual interpretation of the code edit.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Eurekaman

Quote from: Kindred on January 15, 2016, 08:26:55 PM
Works for me...

Doesn't work is a useless phrase.  HOW does it "not work" for you?
Does it tell you that it can't find the install for your version?  If so, you need to emulate...
  Is there an error in the auto install? If so, the. The issue is that you have another mod which affected the same area of code and you may have to do some manual interpretation of the code edit.
Don't judge my phrases Thankyou I didn't ask for that...
You don't know me thanks
All I ask was for off someone is to create a mod not to be judged thanks

Kindred

I am not judging you at all...  I am telling you that "does not work" is a useless description of a problem. I then went on to explain at least two different things that could be described as "does not work"  both of which have clear workarounds and will allow,you to use the mod

So, in other words, you do not need someone to create a mod, because the mod alreayd exists and works just fine.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Hi ya,

I am running SMF ver 2.0.11
I downloaded the mod
I uploaded through package manager without issues
I clicked on install and got an error (attached)
I went back to mod page, and parsed for 2.0.11
and I got an error (also attached)

Just Saying,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Eurekaman

Quote from: Kindred on January 15, 2016, 10:25:04 PM
I am not judging you at all...  I am telling you that "does not work" is a useless description of a problem. I then went on to explain at least two different things that could be described as "does not work"  both of which have clear workarounds and will allow,you to use the mod

So, in other words, you do not need someone to create a mod, because the mod alreayd exists and works just fine.
My friend, there are plenty of philosophers around and I don't care for a lesson in being told what you think about doesn't work...
Maybe you could approach people a different way?
Instead of telling them or dictating to them maybe consent rate of the problem other than telling that their choice of words is wrong...😃👍🏼
Know for a novice I have built a bloody good forum which is working just fine and...
I don't give up at all and will continue on my road to run and build more forums.
I have searched for the mods I have described and found that a lot of these mids are on some cases way out of date and are in dire need of upgrading or deleting.
If you state that some of these work please give me an example and prove it as I have not seen any proof yet after downloading installing or trying to download and the system telling me there is an error.
All the other mods have worked just fine that are all in date...
I need a mod  I can use in posts to keep the original post on top as people post.
Or... I just put up with it?
I'm also fine with that.
Now I don't have anything personal with you other than as I stated before, so maybe we can start fresh?😃👍🏼
Craig

Eurekaman

Quote from: Siirist on January 15, 2016, 11:25:01 PM
Hi ya,

I am running SMF ver 2.0.11
I downloaded the mod
I uploaded through package manager without issues
I clicked on install and got an error (attached)
I went back to mod page, and parsed for 2.0.11
and I got an error (also attached)

Just Saying,
Siirist
Yes similar proble😃😉
Cheers
Craig

Siirist

Lets all take a deep breath.

In Kindred's thoughts (perhaps)

This post should be moved to the MODs Support Topic (First Post on Every Page),

BECAUSE the MOD does exist, it just needs to be updated.  We do not need to request that the MOD be built.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

Right...  Which means that you had the first problem that I listed...  The mod says it won't work with your version.   We already explained what to do.  You have to use the emulation feature to tell the mod to install as if your forum as 2.0.2.

As for your long spiel...   You obviously did not bother to actually understand what we told on to do, since, if you had used the emulate feature, the mod would have installed.  So, before you try to chide me for my attitude, perhaps you had better check your own attitude and assumptions and realize that you are the one who is in the wrong here.  We told you how to install the mod. You didn't bother to actually check what we told you to do...
I don't care if your a novice or experienced...  If you ignore the advice given to you by two people, I'm not sure what other help we can offer you... I'll try one more time...

Here, I'll give you a nice handy link directly to it...

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

And no, siirist, this doesn't need to be moved, because he (and you) have ignored the statement that we told you -- you have to emulate 2.0.2, but the mod installs fine.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: