News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Coloured names for all members

Started by i-framed-vader, January 16, 2016, 03:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i-framed-vader

Hey I had a cool idea for a mod, I was looking around, saw coloured by membergroup and stuff, but I thought maybe it'd be cool to make a mod where the member can put their name into it's own colour with the BB codes!! I don't know how hard this would be to do, but I think this is  a mod that many forums could use :)

Jade Elizabeth

You could create a custom profile field, make it show on topic, and limit it to 6 characters...then with a bit of theme working you can get it to output a hex color. That's the only secure way i can think of to do it. If you let people use BBC/HTML it could get messy.

For now Member Color Link is the closest thing to what you're asking but it does go by membergroup. You could always make membergroups by colors and have people join them to get the color ha ha.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

i-framed-vader

hm, alright Thanks I'll try that!!!

Jade Elizabeth

No worries! I looked for something similar for posts, I wanted people to put an image background on their posts but it was so insecure I ended up having to make a custom field and making me only able to edit it to keep it secure, and then I had to find the way to select the field and put it in the template. It worked really well but it was a huge pain ha ha.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: