News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search of wiki gives 500 server error

Started by PeterC66, January 19, 2016, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterC66

I am not sure if this is a known error, or temporary glitch, or specific to me, but I have been looking for things on the wiki/online manual. I have not found anyone report a similar error.

If I search for eg "email" I get a page returned OK (http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Email) but that is all and I would have expected more (and a much more useful page!).

If I search for eg "verification" I get Server Error 500 (the URL is http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=verification&fulltext=Search). Most searches result in this same server error.

I think the difference is that there is actually a page in the wiki called "email", but there is not for "verification". Searching for eg "emai" gives the server error.

I get the same issue wherever I search from - including from the community page if I just ask to search the wiki.

Thanks for any help. I am hoping to launch a forum soon and I would like my users to be able to search the wiki if they want to.

Illori

i just clicked your link to search for verification and the results came up without any errors.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Visual_verification_code_-_It_doesn%27t_work._What_should_I_do is the first result.

Irisado

That page and that search all display correctly for me as well.

Just to see if it makes any difference, you may want to try using a different PC or try accessing the wiki from a different location, assuming you have the option to do either.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

PeterC66

Thanks for coming back to me.  I have tried it on another machine, and I have discovered that I only get the problem when I am logged in. If I log out then I do not have a problem - the same on both machines. Simply refreshing the page after logging out in another tab is enough to give me the correct results.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks.

Illori

are you logged into the wiki? you have fewer then 10 posts, you should not be able to log in until you get 10 posts.

PeterC66

I am just logging in at the top left of the Community screen where it says Please login or register....Login with username, password and session length. I am not logging into the wiki itself.

Steve

Respond here so you have 10 posts (yes, I know that's bordering on spam) and see if it works for you then.
DO NOT pm me for support!

PeterC66

Just replying as requested (after testing that I still get the server error when logged in).

PeterC66

Having just replied and therefore qualified with 10 posts, I have now tested the wiki search again and I get the  results I would expect - no server error. Interesting!

Presumably I will have no problems from now on, but it would be useful for the issue to be sorted for other Newbies.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement: