Best way to make my 2.0.11 forum more mobile friendly

Started by muskrat_skull, January 19, 2016, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muskrat_skull

I'm new here and want to thank you all for the awesome forum software!! I previously worked on phpBB a little and SMF is a vast improvement in my opinion. I picked the Beltane theme and should have checked first for mobile compatibility.  I've done some customizations but wonder if it would be better to

A. Start over with a different, mobile friendly theme
B. Try installing the responsive Curve theme (is Beltane based on Curve, would it pick up any changes)
C. Install the mobile detection mod and use two themes (I like this)
D. Break down and install TAPA talk
E. Learn to modify the theme to make it more mobile friendly (I'm up for this)

I'm getting one or two errors on WC3 validation, I think all tied to html version tag when it requests mobile.  I really like how the themes are organized and the Beltane style sheet was very easy to work with, once I got going. Thanks to the developers for code that doesn't make my head explode and for the extra time you take to make sure things are really perfect.

Kindred

you can use the curve theme along with the responsive curve mod...

or use one of the optimized and responsive theme designs

I would avoid tapatalk
I would also not bother with two separate themes (one for desktop and one for mobile)   -- that sort of design is going out of style.
Get a responsive theme...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: