News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help Needed - Desperately

Started by Tanfies2, January 24, 2016, 07:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanfies2

Hi all,

I'm desperately in need of some help if anyone can advise or point me in the right direction please.

I run a Simple Machines forum called Friends of Fulham which you can view here: www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php

On Wednesday evening, the forum went down, and I was getting this error message:

8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead File: /home1/frienfg5/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(198) : runtime-created function
Line: 3

I spoke to my webspace provider Bluehost via web chat, they did something, and the forum came back online (Phew).

However, after doing so, certain things had changed within my forum, and members can now not start or reply to posts. When they do, they get this error message:    

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message: Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

When login into my Admin area and trying to access things like forum Maintenance, I'm also getting error messages:

8: Undefined index: aeva_gallery
File: /home1/frienfg5/public_html/forum/Sources/Aeva-Admin.php
Line: 2165

Whatever Bluehost did, has changed something, and I don't know what. Certain parts of my forum also look different, well the layout and features do. When doing the initial changes, this is what Bluehost told me:

Now, I have changed php version which is matches to your website.

Lastest version of php is 5.6. To which all servers will migrate since for now it it is a latest version.

Therefore some website needs old version itslef to run its contents. So you were getting this error.

I know that my Forum has been due an upgrade for some time now. The guy who looks after it for me, said it needs backing up and moving across to the the newer version or something, but I'm really not a Techi. Sods law, this has all happened since he's gone away for a bit.

If anyone can help, or at least give me a quick fix so that my members can post again, it's really be appreciated.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

JBlaze

What version of SMF are you using?
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Illori

the link provided says Powered by SMF 1.1.11  in the footer.

so that means http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=534915.0 applies here.

in other words there is no real quick fix. you are required to upgrade.

Sir Osis of Liver

Empty your error log and backup your database ASAP.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: