News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Kunena 4.0.7 to SMF 2.0.11

Started by josvdwoude, January 24, 2016, 05:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josvdwoude

Hey there!

I wanted to share converter files.

Last month i needed to convert my game community forum to phpbb3, but nobody had a good converter.
This aint my script! I just looked hours and no really hours.. to find a working solution.. After a some editing and testing, it worked.

Kunena > SMF > Mybb > phpbb3.

I had a successful conversion, so for the people that would really like to convert Kunena 4.0.7 to SMF 2.0.11.
Check out the download. Not tested with Kunena 4.0.9, thats gonna be your job ^,^.

There is a attachment error but it did work.. It did transfer the files to my SMF forum. And they worked...
I used xampp localhost, so maby online no errors, anyway read my .txt file, its included in the .zip.

Btw SMF was really looking nice to, but i don't understand the template system yet, so for now i am using phpbb3..

---

Have fun! And i hope it works out for you!

margarett

Hi.

I'm sorry you don't keep SMF but still thank you for sharing your adapted converter.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Apllicmz

blix

The script always gives me errors... please help

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Kunena 4.0.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: Incorrect database name ''

This is not working because the entered data is correct... does it work only with  kunena 4.0.7? I use 4.011

any help is welcome

margarett

Make sure that you are giving the correct path to Kunena and that your MySQL user from SMF is allowed to access Kunena's database ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

blix

Hello, i need some help with converting my Kunenqa 4.0.11 to smf
while running converter.php i get this error:
Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Duplicate entry '8-14' for key 'first_message'

how can that be avoided?
any help is appreciated

bobnewbie

I need to migrate my Kunena 4.0.11 forum to SMF. Has anyone used this converter with Kunena  4.0.11?
Thanks!

Advertisement: