News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Character set

Started by peterkroman, January 26, 2016, 08:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterkroman

Hi
I have just installed SMF and the danish language pack. But I don't get the danish characters and other special characters on my page, please see the attatched screen shot.
Have I done something wrong in the installation process? And does anybody have ideas how to fix it :)

Illori

did you install the forum as utf-8? if not you need to convert to utf-8 and use the utf-8 language pack.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/UTF-8_Readme

peterkroman

Thanks Illori.

But now I have got another problem.
I can not login to my SMF site.

I have made a note of both username and password under the installation, but now it gives me this screen when I try to access the Admin menu, and it does not accept my password.

I don't know what's happened here. I have installed a set of other applications, plugins and features on my site (under construction) and I have never had this situation before.

What to do about that :)

peterkroman

Problem solved.

I made a reinstallation.

peterkroman

Sorry to say. But the problem does not seem to be solved anyway.

I thought that changing the view mode to Western Windows solved it - but no. Only in the predefines texts, but when I add a board it is presented with some very odd characters.

peterkroman

And by the way - I can only login when using the Western Windows 1252 view mode. And I have set UTF-8 during installation (and re-installation).

I hope anybody can help me out here. As it is now I can't use the forum to much.

Regrads Peter

peterkroman

:) Now I believe I have got the problem solved. By reinstalling SMF, running the UTF-8 conversion, and downloading the danish UTF-8 pack.

I hope this is the end of this thread  :P

Advertisement: