Creating sub-menu buttons (with icons) and modifying existing sub-menus

Started by Siirist, January 26, 2016, 12:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Hello,

This is sort of a continuation of this thread (topic).

I added a the Menu Icon MOD (because it modified only the subs.php, NOT three or four other .php{s}), and that functioned fully, including the dropdowns (sub-menus).  :)

I customized the existing sub-menus to different stuff. Had problems getting text to show but Kindred guided me how to fix that.  :D  Thanks Kindred.  ;)

My issues are is
1) the icons are all .png{s}, so they are not transparent like a .gif is.
The SMF Gallery image (which I got from Simple Menu Icon MOD) is 16x16 pixels and looks like this .
If I try to enlarge it will not "fit" with the rest of the icons and it will be blurry.

2) I am getting "undefined" errors in the subs.php that are inline with the menu array.
I wonder if I should care about this because all the menu items are appearing as they should, except item 1), and they all function as intended.

I have attached my most current subs.php

Well crap, I deleted them (700?) to see if it was an ongoing error, and now the Error Log is empty, so um, never mind.  :-[

I appreciate any thoughts or support on the icon issue.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Siirist

Hello Everyone,

Considering I still have no errors, this doesn't belong here.

I was able to find another icon for SMF Gallery

So, I am marking this as solved.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: