Firefox & SMF

Started by movierchives, January 30, 2016, 03:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movierchives

I've had two different members today reporting problems with 'recent posts', apparently it sends them back to previous page.  Both these members are using Firefox, it only seems to effect them....is it a known problem?

Kindred

It is not a known problem. I use Firefox almost solely, except when testing and I have no issues with any of the forums that I visit.

Smf version?
URL? Mods installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

movierchives

Two people reported it yesterday, using up to date SMF 2.x and they were using latest FF, nothing was reported before yesterday.  Nothing has been changed on the forum/website for months so for two to report the exact same problem yesterday seems odd

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

movierchives

As I said latest version and this only started the other day, nothing on the website has been changed in months so what benefit would me listing mods have?

Illori

latest version is not a version number, please state your exact version that you have installed.

Kindred

Also - nothing "just starts happening" with computers
computers do the same thing every time, unless the input is changed.

therefor -- if you are having a new problem --- something changed -- plain and simple.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

movierchives

Quote from: Illori on February 01, 2016, 10:31:19 AM
latest version is not a version number, please state your exact version that you have installed.
Forum version: SMF 2.0.11

Quote from: Kindred on February 01, 2016, 01:29:14 PM
Also - nothing "just starts happening" with computers
computers do the same thing every time, unless the input is changed.

therefor -- if you are having a new problem --- something changed -- plain and simple.

I've still not changed anything on the server

Kindred

Never the less... If soemthing. Just started happening, it started because something was changed. Perhaps by your host
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

Quote from: movierchives on February 05, 2016, 06:58:50 PM
I've still not changed anything on the server
unless you have a server that is not managed you may not know what your host has done on the server. if your server is managed contact your host for further help.

a10

No FF problems seen on my forum (several pc's, linux mint\w7\8.1\10), and no members reporting anything (many firefox users).

Maybe check if those 2 members are using any add-ons in FF.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Advertisement: