News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need a REAL popup mod...

Started by milsou, February 01, 2016, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milsou

Hi guys...

Here is an amazing, fantastic plugin for wordpress ... please take 1 minute to see :
http://codecanyon.net/item/ninja-popups-for-wordpress/3476479

I need the same think for SMF.
Can you help please

Thanks

dougiefresh

You might want to contact the author's to see if they would be interested in porting their software to SMF.  Otherwise, there are copyright and license issues with porting it AFTER buying it.  Even if it was ported, it probably could never be distributed, once again, due to copyright/license issues....

dougiefresh

dougiefresh

I'm writing a mod to use this library to create a "real popup" for ya....

Biology Forums

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 09, 2016, 03:42:25 PM
I'm writing a mod to use this library to create a "real popup" for ya....

Awesome, thanks. I can see A LOT of people using this.

milsou

dougiefresh

Portugal

Hi,

It looks very intresting but i cant to instal it, i try for several times and it wont are available on my forum. I use 2.0.11 SMF version with exodus theme (but i tried with core theme too)..

dougiefresh

Quote from: Portugal on March 18, 2016, 05:17:11 PM
It looks very intresting but i cant to instal it, i try for several times and it wont are available on my forum. I use 2.0.11 SMF version with exodus theme (but i tried with core theme too)..
I'm assuming you are saying that it won't install for you, correct?  I don't understand why it wouldn't install for you on SMF 2.0.11, since it's completely hook-based (meaning no modifications to source or template files)...  I tested it on a clean 2.0.11 before uploading it.

What error message(s) is it giving when you try to install it?

Portugal

I can instal it without any error, but when i go to menage them at (Admin, Administration Center » Modification Settings" nothing its there about this MOD, for that i cant to setup them.

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 18, 2016, 06:48:16 PM
Quote from: Portugal on March 18, 2016, 05:17:11 PM
I'm assuming you are saying that it won't install for you, correct?  I don't understand why it wouldn't install for you on SMF 2.0.11, since it's completely hook-based (meaning no modifications to source or template files)...  I tested it on a clean 2.0.11 before uploading it.

What error message(s) is it giving when you try to install it?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Portugal on March 19, 2016, 01:59:36 PM
I can instal it without any error, but when i go to menage them at (Admin, Administration Center » Modification Settings" nothing its there about this MOD, for that i cant to setup them.
There should be a tab-thingy next to the "Modification Settings" tab, as shown in the attachment in this post.....  That's where the settings are!

Portugal

Yes i supose thats the location, but nothing apears on that (or other) location. I dont know if is becouse i have more mods instaled. See the picture ive attached.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Portugal on March 20, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
Yes i supose thats the location, but nothing apears on that (or other) location. I dont know if is becouse i have more mods instaled. See the picture ive attached.
Yup, sure isn't there....  :P

Can you verify that the file Subs-RealPopup.php is in your Sources folder? 

If that file is present, then unzip the mod package, upload the add_remove_hooks.php to your forum folder, and call the script.  If your forum is at http://www.duh.com, then you would type in the following: http://www.duh.com/add_remove_hooks.php.  Afterwards, you should remove the add_remove_hooks.php script from your forum folder.

If these steps don't produce a solution, then please let me know!

Westwegoman

I am having the same problem. I ran the script add_remove_hooks.php and got the following:

Congratulations! You have successfully installed this mod!

But the settings still do not show.

Illori

in Sources/Subs-RealPopup.php

Code (find) Select
function RPU_Admin($areas)

Code (replace) Select
function RPU_Admin(&$areas)

Westwegoman

dougiefresh

:o Oh my God.....  I'm freaking blind!  I've uploaded version 1.0.1 with that change made....

Thank you, Illori and Westwegoman!!!

Westwegoman

Works great!

Can it be made visible to guest only?

Advertisement: