News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to get traffic?

Started by Homeandstylesg, February 03, 2016, 04:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homeandstylesg

Hello Guys,

I want to know that how to increase traffic on my website?

br360

For starters...

1). Good content that gives others a reason to register and start contributing themselves.
2). Networking and word of mouth getting people to know your site exists.

This link may help with some other ideas- http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000898.htm

loyaanderson

A good content helps to increase traffic, images or articles with regular post.
Social media another tool to increase the traffic Facebook, Google plus and Twitter and so on.
Get yourself smart and work better to improve the traffic.

Missy_D

Just good content is not enough for website traffic, you should have to be actively update your website and have to follow some seo techniques for generating more traffic to your website.

GleamPlay.com

But when your website is so new that nobody knows about it. Even if it has a lot of good content, nobody will see it?
And because nobody sees it, Google rate your website so low that your website will appear in like page 99 in every search?
Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

jenifer_iiml

You can get organic and paid traffic for your website. I think it will be better if you use both options. Because only organic, it will need more time to take more traffic.

firemun

I get a large number of my traffic from social media. One of my Facebook pages has over 10,000 likes and a lot of active fans. What I do is create useful "help articles" on my forum and then post them on Facebook and Twitter using a combination of CTAs, hashtags, marketing speak and keyword targets... Then I boost/promote the posts, paying money of course for a span of 7-14 days. I usually spend anywhere from $5 to $20 a day pending on what I am trying to get out of it. I boost the posts using interest targeting and showing for friends of people who like my pages.

One boost in particular had over 10,000 views in 24 hours and after a week of the ad running, the post was shared more than 300 times. I noticed that I'd get anywhere from 20 to 100 new members a day on the forum, most of which are still fairly active.

I however do not want to mislead you here... The FB page in this topic is a combination of two pages that I merged. My forum used to be the second largest in the niche until I acquired my competition in 2015. After that buyout, I merged the forum into mine and merged their social profiles into my social profiles for my main forum. So that increase members and fan... Being the "big board" of the niche has also helped as there is not even one forum close to competing with mine at this time. So social marketing advertising has worked for me but I have had to spend money and grow a significant user/fan base in order for it to do good.

I notice this because I am doing the same on another newer forum I have started and it isn't working out as best as my larger forum is with social media optimization.

Advertisement: