Courtesy delete wait time?

Started by bonnie_lass, February 03, 2016, 11:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonnie_lass

I know there is something called  "Courtesy edit wait time" but is there a  "Courtesy delete wait time". I want to allow my users to delete their own post within 24 hours but not after. Or could this be done using some other setting?

Siirist

Oh, Great question!  ;)

I am interested in this also.

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

margarett

There is none that I know of. It's actually tricky really. What if other users replied after that? What if it's the first post of a topic?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

I think an ability to delete one's own thread during a certain timeframe PROVIDED there are no responses would be useful. :)

Maybe it should be requested here? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=79.0
DO NOT pm me for support!

Siirist

Quote from: margarett on February 03, 2016, 07:06:08 PM
There is none that I know of. It's actually tricky really. What if other users replied after that? What if it's the first post of a topic?

Good point, but what if the "safeguard" prevented deletion once there has been a reply?

Hmmm . . .
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

br360

Quote from: Siirist on February 03, 2016, 08:09:30 PM
Good point, but what if the "safeguard" prevented deletion once there has been a reply?

Hmmm . . .

Personally I think that would defeat the purpose of the mod. If someone wanted to delete their own topic(s) within a specified time, I'm guessing they would probably still want to delete it regardless of whether someone else had posted on the thread or not...and as soon as there was another post, the OP would then lose that ability.

Either way, I couldn't find anything like that in the mod list either, but do think it could make for a nice mod allowing members to delete their own posts within a specified time period.

Siirist

Needed information:

Illori

'can_remove' => allowedTo('delete_any') || (allowedTo('delete_replies') && $context['user']['started']) || (allowedTo('delete_own') && $message['id_member'] == $user_info['id'] && (empty($modSettings['edit_disable_time']) || $message['poster_time'] + $modSettings['edit_disable_time'] * 60 > time())),

seems that if you have the edit time set, that applies to being able to delete a post if you allow users to delete their own posts.

bonnie_lass

I'm glad that so many people has responded to my post! I am not sure what Illori means though. If edit time is set and the user is allowed to delete wouldn't they still be able to delete after edit time has passed?

Illori

looking at that code users cannot delete a message they have posted after the edit time has expired.

bonnie_lass

Advertisement: