Upgrade from 1.1.11 to 2.0.11

Started by bwaynef, February 04, 2016, 01:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwaynef

Yes. 

Quote from: bwaynef on February 04, 2016, 03:18:07 PMFilezilla says 108 were successfully transferred.

**Edit** Looks like a freshly downloaded upgrade package has 108 files in the Sources directory.
Quote from: bwaynef on February 04, 2016, 03:20:28 PM
...and I took it upon myself to try the upgrade.php again and there's no change.

Sir Osis of Liver

Where is upload.php?  Am unable to link to it at your domain.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

bwaynef

To clarify, I performed a second upload of the 108 files in Sources/ to my current smf install.  (I was re-reading and if you didn't read it the way I intended, it read a little sarcastic.  I'm gifted with loads of sarcasm, ...but I'm trying to get help right now so I'm toning that down as low as I can for the time being.)

I then went to url/upgrade.php ...and saw no change in behavior.  I was presented with the same message.

Sir Osis of Liver

Do what it suggests at the bottom, try disabling security check in upgrade.php.

- R. Waters

br360

Do you have cpanel or plesk? I'm wondering if it would be better to just restore from your backup, then instead of using FTP, upload the large upgrade zip to your cpanel's file manager. Then you can just extract that to better ensure all the correct files are there.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's behaving as if UpgradeOptions() is failing, causing the script to halt and redirecting to forum, as Illori suggested.  That will cause a database error because a 2.0 install is trying to load a 1.1.x database.

- R. Waters

Kindred

I recommend this...

DELETE all files and subdirectories in Sources and Themes.

then upload the upgrade files one more time.
I am hoping/betting that one or more files is actually NOT getting overwritten in your upload - regardless of what FTP reports.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bwaynef

I changed the $disable_security setting to 1, uploaded it, refreshed the page, (noticed that the login was disabled) and clicked continue.  I got the same end result.  (I'll change that back now.)

Hopefully that provides meaning to you guys.  I'm about to be off work, but likely will work on this later tonight. 

It sounds like deletes and re-uploads ...or cpanel uploads are in my future.  I really appreciate your help in this.

Sir Osis of Liver

Hmm, don't think it's getting to UpgradeOptions().  Login failure has same result, with this error - Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list'.

- R. Waters

bwaynef

I'm saving those directories (Sources & Themes)  on my laptop (since my backup's at the office) and will delete them once I have a backup I can work with right now.  Then I'll upload those directories and we'll try this again.

bwaynef

So, I deleted all those directories/files and uploaded them again, from a new computer (and new download of the upgrade package).  Same result.

Illori

Quote from: br360 on February 04, 2016, 04:02:11 PM
Do you have cpanel or plesk? ...then instead of using FTP, upload the large upgrade zip to your cpanel's file manager. Then you can just extract that to better ensure all the correct files are there.

can you try that?

bwaynef

Quote from: Illori on February 05, 2016, 05:10:10 AM
Quote from: br360 on February 04, 2016, 04:02:11 PM
Do you have cpanel or plesk? ...then instead of using FTP, upload the large upgrade zip to your cpanel's file manager. Then you can just extract that to better ensure all the correct files are there.

can you try that?

I uploaded the gunzip'd tar file for the large upgrade pkg to a directory on my server using my CPanel file manager, extracted, then copied the resulting Sources/ and Themes/ directories back to the root of my smf installation. 

Nothing doing.

margarett

At this point this is one of those "have to see" cases. If you're comfortable with the idea, PM me your cPanel login details and I'll check it in place.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sir Osis of Liver

Just passing through (on way to shoveling snow :P), but problem seems to be that upgrade.php login is failing.  If you click Continue with blank username/password fields, or enter invalid values, it should just reload login page, but it's crashing instead.

- R. Waters

bwaynef

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 05, 2016, 12:08:15 PM
Just passing through (on way to shoveling snow :P), but problem seems to be that upgrade.php login is failing.  If you click Continue with blank username/password fields, or enter invalid values, it should just reload login page, but it's crashing instead.
Earlier, the disable security variable was set to 1 and the upgrade.php page was refreshed and it bypassed a login.  The same behavior was experienced.

bwaynef

Quote from: margarett on February 05, 2016, 11:22:26 AM
At this point this is one of those "have to see" cases. If you're comfortable with the idea, PM me your cPanel login details and I'll check it in place.

PM sent.

bwaynef

While you're thinking, am I right to believe that if I restore the files from my backup, I'll be back up and working?

margarett

Yes ;)
But if you do, I can't debug it for you :P Give me a couple hours, I'm going dinner.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bwaynef

I'm not backing things off just yet, but just making sure thats all there would be to "fixing" it.

Advertisement: