News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade from 1.1.11 to 2.0.11

Started by bwaynef, February 04, 2016, 01:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Spent a good amount of time looking at this..
I'm now downloading your content and will run the upgrade in my localhost.
At this point my money is on mod_security. The upgrade sends a reasonable amount of data (between steps) in the URL and I'm betting it triggers some darned rule of the beast :(

edit: bingo!
Turns out your cPanel allows to disable mod_security for each domain, so I did it for this specific domain and BANG! the upgrade immediately works :)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

OK so your forum is now upgraded. You should now delete the excessive Themes which aren't available anymore, then you can proceed to install a new theme and your MODs.

Good luck ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bwaynef

Thanks for your help.  I've been doing some reading so I can get things set up again the way I had it and forgot to come put a bow on this thread.  I turned mod_security back on for this domain and it seems to still work ...so I guess it was just balking at the upgrade part.  (Maybe something to watch out for in upgrades in the future.)

Kindred

just FYI -- mod_security, in general, causes more issues than it claims to solve (and is, in general, not necesarry because SMF protects its own input)

We have numerous other complaints of various problems caused by mod_security (mostly because whoever configured it has been overly protective and essentially mis-configured it to exclude even clean data)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: