After logging on with admin rights, selecting admin button doesn't work

Started by niallblair, February 04, 2016, 06:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niallblair

Hi folks

This is driving me crazy. It happened on 1.1.21 so I upgraded the forum to 2.0.11
Same issue.....

PROBLEM: if i use Safari browser on my mac and access my forum, then login (I have full admin rights), and then select admin it WORKS GREAT

But if I use Windows 10 (any browser Chrome IE or Firefox) or indeed use Safari on iOS, I can log in OK but when clicking on the admin button it prevents access with the message "Only registered members are allowed to access this section"
Additionally, on windows 10 or iOS,  the "profile" button says "user not found" - in Safari for mac OS 10.11.3 no problem at all...

Would anyone know why this happens? The other site admin uses Windows 10 and so this is forum critical

Thanks

margarett

Hello and welcome to sm.org ;)

That's an awkward problem. Can you please post your cookies and sessions settings?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

niallblair

Thanks Margarett and sorry for being slow to reply to your reply and request for information.

I'm not sure where to get those details - please could you advise

Thanks so much  :)

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

niallblair

Thanks... typical newbie not reading the stickies  :-\ ;)

I'll post those back later this evening

Many thanks

nend

Do you have two different subdomains or use SSI?

Depending on your settings, http://site.com and http://www.site.com may be considered as different sites.

Play around with the cookie options in Server Settings in Cookies and Sessions. Look at subdomain independent and local storage. I can't say for sure depending on your domain setup. There should be help menus in there anyways.  ;)

niallblair

Many thanks for the hint about the cookie settings

I've played about with those and am now able to log on using iOS Safari/Chrome/Firefox and also same browsers on MacOSX and all working fine...

Waiting to hear back from my Windows admin person to make sure it's 100% fixed

Thanks to you both for your suggestions  :) ;D

Advertisement: