News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post referring back to Category.

Started by SaltedWeb, February 06, 2016, 11:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

I have an issue I will try and explain, I am running 2.0.11 no mods when I post whether Its a new post or new thread
after I post it default to the outside category view. Its post fine and there are no log errors.
Other then this there would be no issues at all. Can seem to figure why it closes out after a post and goes there.

Thanks

SW
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Shambles

It's a setting in your profile

"Return to topics after posting by default."

SaltedWeb

Is there a universal setting for all members ?
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Shambles

SaltedWeb

I see the one under my profile, but not sure where the other settings so all members have that set as default ?

Shambles

SaltedWeb

Under members in the Admin there is the same setting as in profile.  But its not staying set when I check it.
Once I set it, if I come back to check that setting in Admin its not set.

Shambles

Admin > Configuration > Themes & Layout > Member Options

.. and don't forget the "save" button down below.

SaltedWeb

Right, but when I set the options to change they are not staying set, whats the difference between change setting and remove?
Tried looking in the SMF manual couldn't find anything under Change or reset default options explaining the settings.
Thank You for the help by the way been almost a year since I used the software so a tad rusty.

Shambles

SaltedWeb

:) yep did that one ......... but ya it could happen but was sure to save.

Shambles

Quote from: SaltedW
..... but ya it could happen but was sure to save.

Does that mean it's now saving your settings?

SaltedWeb

No that is the issue.  They are not saving after doing so if one comes back to the settings they are back at the default and unchanged.
This is on 2.0.11 no mod new install, no errors in the log.

Shambles

If you're using the "Change current options for all members using this theme" then it won't show as saved, as that's a dynamic (on-the-fly) adjustment to the options that you set to "change" (in the dropdown)

If you're using the "Configure guest and new user options for this theme" then that should remain checked/ticked after you hit "save".

SaltedWeb

Oh ok,  thanks for explaining that. Great. by the way I did do a search on this and could find anything on those settings .
Thanks gain very helpful.

SW

Advertisement: