News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Re: How Add Homepage?

Started by Squash, February 06, 2016, 12:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squash

I have wondered for a long time and have done research but maybe I just don't understand or need it "Barney Style"

How do I make my forum, my sites index page. I would like my URL to just directly go to the forum and get rid of the rest of my site entirely. I'm not worried about adding a portal. I just want the forum to be it.

I know this probably seems like a newbie question......

thanks for any help in advance.

Kindred

Please do not hijack someone else's thread... Especially since your questions was not related at all to the original post...

As for how to make the forum be the main landing page...   Just put the forum in the root of your site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Squash

Quote from: Kindred on February 06, 2016, 05:51:17 PM
Please do not hijack someone else's thread... Especially since your questions was not related at all to the original post...

As for how to make the forum be the main landing page...   Just put the forum in the root of your site.

Sorry I didn't realize I actually hijacked the thread. Most of the previous posts were not understandable for me, and possibly others. I honestly thought he was asking a similar question to mine.......by the way, just saying put it in the root folder is not "Barney Style"

Thanks for the response, even if it didn't help me as the village idiot.

Illori

what is "barney style"? some more details as to what exactly you want may get you the answer you are looking for.

Advertisement: