News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Is there any new phone support in 2.0.11 ?

Started by SaltedWeb, February 06, 2016, 08:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Is there any new phone support in 2.0.11 ?
A  couple members use a smart phone to use the site he can post ok, but pictures wont load.
Is this a SMF thing? A Phone thing ?
I have a old Vortex smartphone so can't check it myself to see if its just the way it is.
I did not see any mods so wasn't sure where the progression was on this is etc.

Thank you in advance.

SW
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Kindred

No, there is not, and will be no "new features" in the 2.0 branch. We are in security and maintenance mode with that branch.

To make your forum (curve theme) responsive for phone view, you can install the responsive curve mod or, if you don't use curve, find on of the many other repsonsive themes that are available.

Posting pictures or just loading to view pictures?

Viewing should not be an issue...
Some phone systems have issues with posting images and other attachments
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaltedWeb

Hi Kindred, makes sense and is what I have know about SMF is most other apps phone are buggy and not secure and do not update security worth a beans.

But I digress, they can view pictures and post words fine they signed up using the phone too.
But posting pictures times out on them they say.  No pc users or anyone has issues and there are no errors in the log.

SW.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Kindred

Yeah, some devices seem to have issues with posting attachments.  Are they using android or iPhones?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaltedWeb

And that I don't know the one guy is offline :-\, its cool thanks for the help Kindred Its more likely then not his phone extension or his phone capability issue.  But I'll post this solved as you did answer my main questions the cause well that will live for another day. ;)
Thank you again .

SW

Advertisement: