upgrade problems 1.1.x to 2.0

Started by Mika83, February 07, 2016, 11:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mika83

Hi.
I am having problems with getting my forum to 2.0. My version is 1.1.19.
I am using a local copy of the installation with xampp to see, if everything works right. I used repair_settings for the right values for settings.php. The databse access works fine. I deleted the old dirs except for attachements and avatar and settings.php, copied extracted "large upgrade" files.
I searched this forum a lot, cause I had a few other problems getting to this point.

Well first thing is that I now get an error at the end of the repair_settings-output page:

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: database_error in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595

But thats not my point as the settings in settings.php seem to be right.
When I try to run the upgrade.php, I come to this point:

SMF Upgrade Utility
Simple Machines Forum
Progress

Step 1: Login
    Step 2: Upgrade Options
    Step 3: Backup
    Step 4: Database Changes
    Step 5: Delete Upgrade

14%

Overall Progress
0%

Step Progress
Time Elapsed: 7 mins, 0 seconds.
Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing: "
Notice: Undefined index: current_item_name in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4017
" (
Notice: Undefined index: current_item_num in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4017
of
Notice: Undefined index: total_items in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4017
)

Database Updates Complete! Click Continue to Proceed.

I have a continue button, but nothing happens, when I click it.

When I call the forum in browser:

QuoteUnknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list'
If I get the other posts right, it does mean, that the process didn't get far enough.

Before I tried to update the software to    SMF 1.1.21, but that showed me a warning not to continue:

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Installation Readme
This patch file will fix several security issues for your SMF 1.1.19 forum.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/PackageGet.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Package.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Packages.php    Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Auth.php    Test failed

:)

Illori

if your forum was 1.1.* and you have not upgraded to 2.0 you need to run repair_settings.php with the 1.1.* files in place. then upload the 2.0 large upgrade archive and go from there.

why were you running repair_settings.php to start with?

Kindred

I assume that he ran it because he copied his live forum to an xampp install to test the upgrade.

Those errors seem to indicate that not all the files made it in place..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mika83

QuoteI assume that he ran it because he copied his live forum to an xampp install to test the upgrade.

Yes, thats the cause. I needed to adjust the settings. They (the database credentials) should be okay. As the upgradetool made a backup of my tables.

I copied the large_upgrade files from the smf_2-0-11_upgrade over the old installation as it is explained in the descriptions.
Which files do you think are missing? From the upgrade-archive?

Mika83

I checked that all files of the smf_2-0-11_upgrade archive are in place.
I found out that I didn´t uninstall the mods. I give it another try with a local copy with unistalled mods and come back here, if the problems show up after that.
Thanks so far for the support.

Mika83

I installed a new copy of the live forum local and uninstalled all mods. repair_settings.php worked now. the upgrade.php-process worked without problems ... to the same point to "Step 4: Database Changes" 14 % same error-messages.". So same problem as before.
How can I find out whats wrong?

margarett

I don't know how that can happen. That shows the steps that the upgrade tool performed so I don't see how it can be bypassed. Either the step was performed (and as such $upcontext['current_item_name'] gets a value) or the step isn't performed and nothing is added. But still, $upcontext['current_item_name'] should have an empty value.
I honestly don't know what happens there :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

live627

Mika83

php error-log

[07-Feb-2016 22:37:27 Etc/GMT-1] PHP Deprecated:  preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\Sources\Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

[07-Feb-2016 22:41:09 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: current_item_name in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4017

[07-Feb-2016 22:41:09 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: current_item_num in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4017

[07-Feb-2016 22:41:09 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: total_items in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4017

[07-Feb-2016 22:41:09 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: current_debug_item_num in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4018

[07-Feb-2016 22:41:09 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: debug_items in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4018

[07-Feb-2016 22:41:09 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: current_debug_item_num in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4045

[07-Feb-2016 22:41:09 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: current_debug_item_name in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4046

[07-Feb-2016 22:41:09 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: debug_items in C:\xampp\htdocs\cd\wbb1\wbb2\wbb1\wbb2\upgrade.php on line 4055

Kindred

Did you, by any chance, delete your original default theme (Core) to replace it with your own theme?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mika83

On the live installation, I have "default" "classic", "Retrospect" Theme and some more, no Theme-directory is called "core". Board standard is "Retrospect" not the default Theme. 
"SMF Default Theme - Core" is in the dir "default".

At the local installation I have the dirs "core"and "default"  from the copied large-upgrade-archive and the "Retrospect"-Theme.

Illori

the core theme is the default theme for SMF 1.1. if you did complete running upgrade.php it should show you the name of the default theme as curve not core.

what state are your files in? are they 1.1 or 2.0?

Mika83

On the local installation, where I try to upgrade, the files are 2.0. I checked it

Illori

if your files are 2.0, then you should have a core theme folder. something is mixed up it seems.

Mika83

On the local installation, which I upgrade, there is a theme-dir called "core", is is part of the extracted large-upgrade archive, which I copied there. maybe I confused you by saying that the live installation has none. Or do I misunderstand you?

Illori

yes you confused me. it seems you have the correct themes in place.

Advertisement: