News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Contact Form Address

Started by Siirist, February 07, 2016, 03:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Hello Fellow Members,

Below is the code that I have for a contact form. However, I don't know where to put the email address.

The email address I would like to use as an example is "noreply@asanctuary{DOT}net"

I believe that something goes in here -> action="#"

Should it be "mailto:noreply@asanctuary{DOT}net"?

<div id="contact_form">
                <h2>Contact Form</h2>
                <form method="post" name="contact" action="#">
                    <label for="author">Your Name:</label>
                    <input type="text" id="author" name="author" class="required input_field" />
                    <div class="clear"></div>
                    <label for="email">The Subject:</label>
                    <input type="text" id="email" name="email" class="validate-email required input_field" />
                    <label for="email">Your Email:</label>
                    <input type="text" id="email" name="email" class="validate-email required input_field" />
                    <label for="text">Your Message:</label>
                    <textarea id="text" name="text" rows="0" cols="0" class="required"></textarea>
                    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" class="more" />
                </form>
          </div>

Thank you in advance,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Illori

assuming you want to use this on your forum, why not use an existing mod?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=377 looks like it should do the job.

Siirist

Quote from: Illori on February 07, 2016, 03:44:29 PM
assuming you want to use this on your forum, why not use an existing mod?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=377 looks like it should do the job.

"Chit Chat
Feel free to talk about anything"

It is for a standard webpage. I thought "anything" would allow me to ask there, apparently not.  :-\

Equally intriguing is that the topic was moved to SMF Coding Discussion even though it had useful information about a MOD that is designed for the Regular Members, thereby preventing the Regular Members from having to manually manipulate the code so they could have Contact Form. Hmmm . . .  ???

My apologies for speaking of something outside of SMF.  :-[

If I am so out of line, a PM stating so will adequately inform me to retract such behavior.  ;)

Most Sincerely,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Irisado

Anything, in this case, refers to any subject which doesn't belong in a more appropriate board :).  This is a coding/mod issue, so it didn't belong in Chit Chat.  Also, in terms of it being viewed by the most people possible, Chit Chat is not visible to guests or members who are browsing without logging in, so you topic has greater visibility here.

I hope that clarifies things for you :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: