News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Feature : View Any Topic permission

Started by donnaleh, March 29, 2018, 03:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donnaleh

Hello,

I have a great need for this feature. We have a church website where we want one forum dedicated to parishioners being able to post a personal and private topic to our priest. Personal emails or personal messages through the forum to the priest overwhelm him and allow parishioners to send multiple messages, often with the same requests, making a mess of this type of communication.

A forum where members cannot see any other topics except their own, reply only to their own topics and only view and respond to replies to their own topics is something that we need very badly. This would prevent double messages, the same questions asked over and over and give the priest a way to stay organized and view the entire conversation in one click.

I've got all the permissions set to do everything except to turn off view any topic and then to set only to view own topic. Do you think that someone here could write a modification of some kind to implement this, or tell me how to do it? There is a mod called Custom Permissions, but I can't figure out how to turn off the ability to view all topics. This mod only allows additional permissions.

Thanks for your time.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on July 09, 2016, 08:29:34 PM
For example... it sounds like a helpdesk like SimpleDesk might actually be what you are looking for.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

donnaleh

It looks like this could be the solution. I'm a brand new user of SMF, so I have the latest version installed, 2.0.15 and SimpleDesk isn't compatible, darn it. Do you or anyone have any other suggestions to what I may be able to do to get this particular function that I need? I see Arantor was trying to help and may have other suggestions.

Any help you or anyone offers is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your fast response.

Kindred

almost any mod for 2.0.x will work with any other 2.0.x version - just follow the instructions in the link that Illori posted
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: