News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Help!!!

Started by Eurekaman, February 08, 2016, 06:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eurekaman

Hi folks
I have uninstalled the annoy user mod and the screen went blank, I can't find my forum it's gone completely...
5 months of building down the drain.
What do I do????
Can anyone suggest a fix or tell me how to fix it?
EM

Shambles

I don't normally respond to threads with ridiculous titles like "Help!!!", but in this case why not reinstall from your backup, which you obviously took prior to the recent change...?

Eurekaman

How do I reinstall from the backup I did make?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Eurekaman

Lol ;D
That's ok Google is obviously less troublesome than you lot...
Great support maybe Facebook would be the way to go
You seem to want to put down people instead of helping...
Fine with me.
Gatcha ;)

margarett

Not sure what you meant with that observation really...
If you want proper support you need to provide proper details. No one put you down, not even tried to. So I'm sorry if that's what you feel, that's not the intention. But you need to help us help you.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have a complete backup of forum files?
Was the backup made before or after the problem mod was installed?
Were any other mods installed or coding changes made after backup?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Eurekaman

Quote from: margarett on February 08, 2016, 09:52:41 PM
Not sure what you meant with that observation really...
If you want proper support you need to provide proper details. No one put you down, not even tried to. So I'm sorry if that's what you feel, that's not the intention. But you need to help us help you.

Oh really you people are obviously a bit blind, I've shown this to a few people they agree you guys lack people skills...
I'll give you an example:

I don't normally respond to threads with ridiculous titles like "Help!!!", but in this case why not reinstall from your backup, which you obviously took prior to the recent change...?
So... You don't find this a bit rude???
I do

There was another guy I won't name him also proceeded to lecture me on a the word can't instead of looking at the issue at hand...
Tell you what if my members treated each other like how you guys treat people here I would issue a warning...
Looks like management needs to sit you all down and train you all in people skills😃
But hey I would like to go to and fro all night long with you all but this would be counter productive.
Fixed the problem anyway, on my own.
It's all about asking questions as I did if you don't understand, ask!
I come on hear to learn and ask questions even stupid questions, it doesn't matter but all I get is feeling quite deflated after I read the responses from members.
Now how are you at management going to sort out the people skills with your members???
Maybe management needs to improve!
Posts needs to be looked at, monitored for people skills, they call it manners back in the old days.
People on here need to put their manners back in!
Look forward to response
EM

Eurekaman

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 08, 2016, 10:15:29 PM
Do you have a complete backup of forum files?
Was the backup made before or after the problem mod was installed?
Were any other mods installed or coding changes made after backup?
Hi
Yes I have a complete backup👍🏼😃
Yes it was made before👍🏼
No there wasn't any installed😃
All good than you for your post
She's all fixed
I Appreciate you correspondence it was very helpful and polite.
EM

Shambles

I think putting two fingers up to the posting rules is rude, as well as disrespectful.

Quote from: margarett on February 08, 2016, 07:10:19 AM
Start with this:
How do I ask support questions the smart way?

Kindred

First...  No one was actually rude to you in this thread at all. Seriously... If your skin is that thin that you saw any of these posts as rude, then you don't really belong on the internet at all... (:P)

Second...  how many posts do you think we see with the title "help"?

That title is worse than useless, because the majority of the folks who help provide support just skip over those, because they scan the titles looking for things that they can help with.
So, a title like "help" sucks...'
a title like "uninstalled a mod and broke my forum" would have been more useful.

Third... Your post didn't actually provide any USEFUL information other than what the useful title would have communicated.  Margarett pointed you to our sticky post on how to help us help you (meaning, provide us information so we can help you fix your problem)

Not a single person in this thread was rude or even impolite to you...
As a matter of fact - the rudest person in this thread, so far, has been you....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

Using free software, soliciting free help from unpaid people using their spare time, then complaining and whining after breaking basic posting rules. Maybe excused because of 'obviously a bit blind' ? :O)

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Advertisement: