Ctrl+v paste image directly into post?

Started by bonnie_lass, February 11, 2016, 04:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonnie_lass

I'm working on my new smf forum and one of my test people wanted to be able to paste images directly into the post using snagit or such instead of using attachments or using tag img.
I've been googling around and it doesn't seem like it's a normal feature? Or even possible? He also remarked on that review doesn't show the image attached. That's also normal right?

I just want to know if I should pursue this or explain gently that this isn't possible. I aim to please my users but within limits of what is considered normal features.

Illori

this is not a feature of SMF 2.0. you still need to upload the image even if just as an attachment before you can use it in a post.

bonnie_lass

Thanks. Personally I think the attachments option works just fine but I had to ask ;)

mokko

Same request.
It's a pitty, this is not suppurted by SMF. Does anybody know a mod, or is anybody willing to write such a mod that will do that? Free is preferred ;)

regards, mokko

Kindred

it's not supported by anyone...   you can not paste an image from your clipboard into a website....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

Quote from: Kindred
... you can not paste an image from your clipboard into a website....
IMGUR.com features it, so it must be possible.

mokko

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2016, 04:28:27 PM
it's not supported by anyone...   you can not paste an image from your clipboard into a website....
Why, I know, it works, there is at least a possibility with xenforo.com [nofollow] Give it a try at cc-community.net [nofollow]

regards, mokko

Advertisement: