News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Moderator Log - Edited Polls - How to view?

Started by Thaxos, February 11, 2016, 09:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaxos

Hey there, couldn't find any info on viewing who used their moderator permissions to edit a poll.

Need to find out who changed the poll visibility settings.

I am aware that there is a not so easy method to view PMs, and to view who voted for what option on polls, through SQL database queries.

I was hoping to get some instruction on how to do the same for viewing the edit history of a thread's poll.

I don't know enough about SQL to piece it together from the query guide I read on viewing who voted for what option on a poll.

Thanks in advance

Illori

i dont think who edits a poll is stored anywhere.

Thaxos

Quote from: Illori on February 11, 2016, 09:20:26 AM

There's no possibility of a changelog indicating the edit?

Irisado

Quote from: Illori on February 11, 2016, 09:20:26 AM

It certainly isn't stored in the moderation log.  I've tested it on my 2.0 test forum and the poll does not show up as having been edited either.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Dav999

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1514

Please note that this won't make it possible to view who edited a poll before having installed the mod.

Thaxos

Quote from: Dav999 on February 11, 2016, 06:30:06 PM
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1514

Please note that this won't make it possible to view who edited a poll before having installed the mod.

Appreciated, but I really need to find out about who has already edited the poll.

Illori

you will never be able to find out who edited an already existing poll as SMF does not log that information.

Shambles

If your {raw} server logs are as extensive as those I see in (and can download via) my cPanel, you should be able to identify every click made on your forum, including IP address & full URL ("action=post", when modifying).

Thaxos

Quote from: Shambles on February 12, 2016, 06:15:49 AM
If your {raw} server logs are as extensive as those I see in (and can download via) my cPanel, you should be able to identify every click made on your forum, including IP address & full URL ("action=post", when modifying).

That would be excellent. Would you be able to expand upon how to specifically find the edited poll changes?

Shambles

You'd search the log for the message/topic ID

Eg

Code (Search for) Select
index.php?action=post;msg=159099

Shambles

In answer to your PM, you should be able to locate the log(s) under the "Metrics" category; then use the "Raw Access" link.

Thaxos

Thanks, was able to find the specific poll edit instances, along with IP addresses for each change.

Advertisement: