News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Server Group

Started by Weezytv, February 11, 2016, 04:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezytv

When people register I want them only to be able to see one board and only be able to post on that board, for recruitment. I got the Newbie server group but can't really find where to edit that stuff. Thanks!
-Weezy

Illori

users are in 2 groups by default. they are in the regular members group and a post count group. otherwise they are in the group assigned to them AND a post count group. so to do what you want assign the regular members group access to view and post in that board and create other groups with access to the other board(s) and add those to the users as necessary.

Weezytv

Quote from: Illori on February 11, 2016, 04:39:36 PM
users are in 2 groups by default. they are in the regular members group and a post count group. otherwise they are in the group assigned to them AND a post count group. so to do what you want assign the regular members group access to view and post in that board and create other groups with access to the other board(s) and add those to the users as necessary.
Didnt get that. Can I contact you somewhere you can maybe log into my website as admin and fix it?

Illori

nope, and if i did then you dont learn how to do it correctly and will come every time and ask again. what part dont you understand?

Siirist

Quote from: Weezytv on February 11, 2016, 06:33:11 PM
Quote from: Illori on February 11, 2016, 04:39:36 PM
Didnt get that. Can I contact you somewhere you can maybe log into my website as admin and fix it?

If Illori or anyone else does this for you, you will not learn how to do it.

See the attachments for help, I believe that they are accurate and will guide you through it.  ;)
Manage Membergroups, then Add Membergroup, then Modify Boards.

Don't expect this from now on, you should be able to go to Online Manual and learn how to do most anything as an administrator.
You will need to know things if you are going to be administrating a forum.  O:)

You SHOULD get a Test Forum (I have 2 of them, just in case I break one  ::)).
By having a Test Forum, you can try out Themes or MODs or play with the Settings without worrying about your Live Forum.

Best Wishes,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: