News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

404 Attachment Error but files are on server

Started by Fearless Freap, February 11, 2016, 05:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fearless Freap

Hey,

I think this my be my last attempt at resolving this.  I am stumped any help would greatly be appreciated.

My website is "My Favorite Cheerleader" or google MFC Cheerleader and it will come up.

I ran into a problem a couple of days ago, in which I started to receive the "404 - Attachment Not Found" error.  I initially accused my Host for deleting my files, but... they all currently exist on the server.  They just don't line up to be displayed.

I have tried everything including; upgrading to the newest SMF, repair_settings.php, accessing database checking for errors... and  in attachments [File Maintenance] which I get "Cannot access attachments upload path!"

Now, I have a ton of attachments.  My host told me I am not allowed more than 20,000 per folder.  So when I approach that I open a new one.  I have over 20 of these folders each on about 1 Gb in size.  Could this be what is causing the problems?

How no clue how to fix.  Any one want a challenge? (Thanks in advance)

-Steve

Illori

Fearless Freap

I was, and did a reinstall of 2.0.4 to see if anything I did would make a difference.

My web host mentioned the .htaccess file but I'm not sure that would cause all of this mess.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fearless Freap

I believe you can through the repair_settings.php but everything looks correct.  I don't see any problems and the web host doesn't seem to understand this problem.  I did look at the .htaccess file, but didn't think it was the problem.

margarett

If the maintenance action for attachments tells you that the path is incorrect, it's likely that attachments will not work.
It can be a really wrong setting or a bug in SMF (it's a beta, it can happen :P )
Check the attachments path and make sure SMF recognizes it. Can you upload a new attachment to a post?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fearless Freap

That's the crazy thing... I can upload new attachments, and the post normally.  But everything before is coming up when the page loads.

I'll try repair_settings.php again.

margarett

IMO that's something we (SMF) should debug. If you can upload and can't use existing attachments, it might be something worth checking.
If you can PM me an admin temporary account, I'd like to see that in loco.

Advertisement: